Friday 11 December 2015

Celebrating 3rd Anniversary of the book, "TeAmo I Love You", enticing romance-thriller smash hit by Author Rohit Sharma




Nikita Tak: Let’s welcome to my blog,Rohit Sharma,the author “Te Amo I Love You”, an enticing romance-thriller smash hit, and “12 HOURS”, an enthralling anthology.

Rohit Sharma:Thank you, Nikita. J

Nikita Tak: Firstly, congratulations on the 3rd anniversary of your book "TeAmo I Love You".

Rohit Sharma:MuchasGracias (Thanks a lot). Third anniversary! Phew! It has been fantastic three years of my life. I still remember the day (July 2008), when I had eventually finalised the climax of ‘Te Amo’. The book took more than 4 years to complete (from idea to published work), and it was a journey with lots of ups and downs. Now, when I look back at those 4 years (2008-2012), I feel content. The hard work, the sweat, the frustration, the patience has finally paid off. Over the last 3 years, I have earned over 40k readers, and much more love and adulation. ‘Te Amo’ was a big risk, but the God above, and the readers have been extremely kind to me.

 

Nikita Tak:Your birthday

Rohit Sharma:July 6th (let’s keep the Year a secret!) J

 

Nikita Tak:Your hometown

Rohit Sharma:Faridabad

 

Nikita Tak:Your place of birth

Rohit Sharma:Amritsar

 

Nikita Tak:Your favourite fashion trend

Rohit Sharma: I have no fashion sense whatsoever. I wear what I like, or what my sister forces me to wear. I am not a fashion freak, but I love my Bracelet, and my collection of Black Suits.

 

Nikita Tak:Your favourite food

Rohit Sharma:Love whatever Mom cooks. But ‘Sarason Ka Saag’ is my all time favourite.

 

Nikita Tak:Your favourite dessert

Rohit Sharma:I love Ice Creams! I have a sweet tooth! Give me anything sweet, and I will gobble it up.

 

Nikita Tak:Perfect attire for a date

Rohit Sharma:It depends on various things – weather, time, place etc. In summers, I will probably prefer a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. In winters, and especially if the place is a classy one, I will go for a semi-formal look (Black suit, with a matching shirt).

Tell you what … you ask me something, and I start imagining. Writer instincts, I guess. I have never been on a date, so I have no fixed answer. J

 

Nikita Tak:Your favourite perfume

Rohit Sharma:For myself - Issey Miyake, Hugo Boss, Davidoff … but if I have to choose one, I will go with Issey Miyake.

On females, I love ‘212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera’.

 

Nikita Tak:Your 2 A.M friend

Rohit Sharma:My family.

 

Nikita Tak:Things you can’t live without

Rohit Sharma:I will positively die without Food, Air, and Water.

 

Nikita Tak:One thing you want to change about yourself

Rohit Sharma:I try for perfection in everything I do. Nothing bad in it, but I, sometimes, irritate others. Ask the cover designers of my books. J Gladly, most of the people don’t complain.

 

Nikita Tak:What you do to relax?

Rohit Sharma:Lots of things – Books, Movies, Sports, Gym, Travel, Social-Networking. There are so many things to do in life, with so little time.

 

Nikita Tak:Movie that brings smile to your face

Rohit Sharma:Namaste London and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

 

Nikita Tak:Million dollar (happiest) moment of your life

Rohit Sharma:The happiness on my sister’s face, the day she got married. It was a tough, but one of the happiest days of my life.

Reviews by some readers, whose lives got changed after reading my books, was overwhelming. Also the proud look on my Mom & Dad’s faces whenever I did (or will do) something good in life. Luckily, God has blessed me with numerous happy moments J (touchwood).

 

Nikita Tak:Embarrassing moment of your life

Rohit Sharma:My jeans ditched me oncewhile playing a game of Table-Tennis. Luckily I had a jacket, which I wrapped around my waist, and drove back home.J

 

Nikita Tak:What you love to write more, stories or poetries?

Rohit Sharma:Novels. (Romance-Thrillers preferably)

 

Nikita Tak: Favourite Author/Authors

Rohit Sharma:Nicholas Sparks, Sidney Sheldon, Amitav Ghosh, and Ashwin Sanghi. Among my contemporaries, I truly appreciate and love Novoneel’s work.

 

Nikita Tak: Favourite Poet/Poets

Rohit Sharma:I rarely ready poetry, and I have surely missed work by many brilliant poets. Among the ones I have read, I like Harivansh Rai Bachchan’spoems. They are truly inspirational.

 

Nikita Tak: Favourite Actor/Actors and Actress/Actresses

Rohit Sharma:Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai / Penelope Cruz.

 

Nikita Tak: What was the spark/flame of inspiration for you, before you began writing this first ravishing novel?

Rohit Sharma: Love and craziness for Spain and their culture.

 

Nikita Tak: Would you like to dedicate your first novel to someone? If yes, to whom and why?

Rohit Sharma: To everyone who believe in the power of Love, and also to those who don’t.

 

Nikita Tak: Other secret skills you cherish

Rohit Sharma:I am a better dancer than a writer, and I am a good cook too.

 

Nikita Tak:Your secret to success

Rohit Sharma:My Mantra – “Success is temporary. Stay grounded, and keep working hard.”

 

Nikita Tak:  What would you do if you win 1 Crore rupees?

Rohit Sharma:Let’s be pragmatic here. I will pay off my house loan, and from the remaining amount (which will be enough, I guess) I will open a decent school/hospital, for the needy, on my mother’s name. 

 

Nikita Tak:  If you had a last wish?

Rohit Sharma:Most of what I had ever wished for, has already been fulfilled. I have no new wishes, at the moment. But if some sort of Gennie appears and tells me that it’s my last day, and I have one wish to make, I will ask for good health and happiness of my loved ones.

 

Nikita Tak:  Message for emerging writers

Rohit Sharma: A few important points –

1.     Don’t write for money.

2.     Don’t follow the herd.

3.     Continuously improve your writing skills and vocab.

4.     Write ‘Good’ stories, and by good I mean, stories which I have some depth and meaning.

5.     Write that can make someone smile, or cry, or fall in love, or can bring a change in the society.

6.     Don’t be afraid of experimenting. Success will not teach you anything. Failure can.

7.     Be patient, and don’t follow shortcuts. Success is sweeter when it is earned the hard way!

8.     Most importantly . . . fall in love with your work, only then the readers will love it.

 

Nikita Tak: Thank you for taking time to interact, wish you success in all your future endeavours!!

Rohit Sharma:Thank you, Nikita, for giving me an opportunity to share my thoughts, and for celebrating TeAmo’s anniversary. It is, indeed, a very special gesture. I am grateful. Thank you.

5 comments: